The first paragraph should give a brief introduction of the topic/style, as well as the assigned building.
After this a detailed description and analysis of the building, as well as the style/period should follow. You can expand your focus into social, political, technological, as well as purely architectural areas. Describing the historical period of architecture and Describe the style, as well as the exemplary building
Finish with a final paragraph as a closure for the paper.
It should be a clear argument in a well-structured paper
The paper must be typed, in double spacing, Times New Roman, 12 point.
this paper will be then checked by turn it in so please don’t plagiarize
and please include pictures and illustrations in 1 separate page with their references
so 4 page paper with another 1 page of pictures.
there will be 8 sources
6 from books (given below) and 2 from ONLINE SCHOLARLY JOURNALS (any)
these are the 6 books u have to use:
1. Ching, Frank, Mark Jarzombek, and Vikramaditya Prakash. A Global History of Architecture. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2011. Print.
2. Lees, Stephen. Visions of Architecture. London: & C Black, 2011. Print.
3. Schele, Linda, and Peter Mathews. The Code of Kings: The Language of Seven Sacred Maya Temples and Tombs. New York: Scribner, 1998. Print.
4. Schmidt, Peter J., Mercedes De La. Garza, and Enrique Nalda. Maya. New York: Rizzoli, 1998. Print.
5. Miller, Mary Ellen. Maya Art and Architecture. London: Thames & Hudson, 1999. Print.
6. Totten, George Oakley. Maya Architecture,. Washington, D.C.: Maya, 1926. Print.
September 15, 2012.
“The Rise and Fall of the Maya Empire.” 2012. The History.com. Sep 15, 2012