Job Description RN Med/Surg/Renal/Gyn 7A-7P (Job Number: 00039-6968)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical CenterSchedule: Full-time
Located in Gainesville, Florida, North Florida Regional is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care facility serving 14 counties in North-Central Florida. NFRMC is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). The Med/Surg/Renal/Gyn floor provides inpatient care of adult, medical/surgical patients with a focus on renal, gynecology, urology, and bariatrics. It is a 34 bed unit, all private rooms, with plans to expand to 45 beds. Services provided: Medical disease processes, post-operative gynecology, urology, bariatrics, renal abnormalities, and stable cardiac.
- Currently licensed in the state as a Registered Nurse Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR certification
- Minimum of 2 years acute care clinical experience
- Must pass appropriate skills and medication administration test
- Documentation of current Immunization or proof of immunity (titers)
- The ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting, bending and prolonged standing
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of ACES and assigned facility
- Performs nursing care using sound judgment
- Implements physicians orders in a safe and accurate manner
- Assists with admitting discharging, and transferring patients
- Transcribes and implements new physician orders
- Adapts to the needs of the unit by demonstrating flexibility a/adaptability
- Maintains detailed and accurate records of nursing actions
- Participates in health/therapeutic counseling, teaching and emotional support for patients and their significant others.
- Makes rounds on assigned patients and priorities patient’s needs
- Provides and receives reports in a status of patients at the change of shifts
- Administers medication and therapies within the scope of safe nursing practice
- Formulates modifies and implements goal oriented patient care plans according to facility policies
- Assumes responsibility to report clinical limitations or the need for assistance to the supervisor
- Performs all other duties and as assigned by the nursing supervisor.